Table of Contents
Addiction and substance use disorders affect hundreds of thousands of California residents every year. Without professional treatment at drug rehab, many of these individuals face a higher risk of mental illness, life-threatening medical problems, overdose, and death. Dana Point, California, offers evidence-based addiction treatments including detox and inpatient residential rehab to help in-state residents and out-of-state visitors experience a safe, full recovery from substance use disorders.
Statistics on Substance Use Disorders in California
- In 2017, an estimated 806,000 Californians aged 18 and older needed treatment for an illicit drug use disorder but didn’t receive it, according to SAMHSA.
- In 2017, an estimated 1,717,000 Californians aged 18 and older needed treatment for alcohol use disorder but didn’t receive it.
- In 2017, an estimated 18.18% of Californians aged 18 and older had any mental illness, but only 11.72% received professional treatment.
- In 2017, there were a total of 4,868 drug overdose deaths in California, reports the CDC.
- In 2017, there were 2,199 opioid-related overdose deaths in California — a rate of 5.3 deaths per 100,000 persons, per the NIDA.
- The greatest increase in opioid-related deaths was observed in cases mainly involving fentanyl — a more than two-fold increase from 229 to 536 deaths over a two-year period.
Drug Detox Services in California
Detox is the first stage of addiction treatment for patients who are physically dependent on drugs and alcohol. Detox treats the physical symptoms of withdrawal and helps people safely recover from physical dependence. In California, detox is offered at 28 hospital inpatient rehab centers, 197 inpatient residential rehab centers, and at 207 outpatient rehab centers, according to reports from SAMHSA.
Dana Point offers medical detox with 24/7 monitoring, as well as medication-assisted treatments that reduce withdrawal symptoms for opioid use disorder. All detox treatments at Dana Point are personalized for each patient and are available as part of our inpatient residential rehab program. Patients who receive detox are shown to experience higher treatment retention rates, with scientific evidence from the NIDA revealing that 61% of patients with opioid use disorder who receive medication-assisted treatment are still abstinent 3.5 years after starting therapy.
Drug Rehab Services in California
Drug rehab helps patients achieve long-term abstinence from drugs and alcohol using evidence-based therapies that focus on replacing harmful behaviors and attitudes with those that are healthier and more positive. The goal of drug rehab is to teach patients how to effectively manage triggers and stress without feeling the need or urge to use drugs and alcohol.
Here are the percentage of drug rehab facilities in California that offer specific services:
- Individual counseling: 99.1%
- Group counseling: 93.2%
- Family counseling: 75.6%
- Aftercare/continuing care: 83.1%
- Substance abuse education: 98.6%
- Mental health services: 56.4%
- Relapse prevention: 97.7%
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: 90.3%
- Motivational interviewing: 93.4%
- 12-step facilitation therapy: 77.3%
- Dialectical behavior therapy: 50.3%
- Rational emotive behavioral therapy: 38.3%
Dana Point offers all these services and more, including fun therapeutic activities such as art therapy, mindfulness meditation, and yoga. These services and activities are included in Dana Point’s inpatient residential rehab and partial hospitalization programs.
Addiction Treatment in Orange County
Dana Point Rehab Campus is devoted to providing the highest level of personalized care and treatment to every person in Orange County who contacts us by telephone and to every patient who comes to us for help with addiction. Our goal is to develop a customized treatment plan for each patient that safely and effectively helps them achieve long-term abstinence from drugs and alcohol.
Contact us today at 949-347-5466 to learn more about our evidence-based rehab programs, or fill out our free insurance verification form to confirm your treatment benefits.