Drug Rehab Centers Orange County
When people hear the word ‘addiction,’ the things that immediately come to mind are drugs like heroin, methamphetamine, marijuana, and other illicit drugs. What they do not know, however, is that even the medications prescribed by doctors such as sedatives, opioid painkillers, anti-anxiety medications, and stimulants can actually lead to addiction or prescription drug abuse.
Many drug rehab centers in Orange County and across the U.S. have clients who suffer from this form of addiction. We, at Dana Point Rehab Campus, can tell from experience that most of our clients who are being treated for prescription drug abuse had no clue that they are already addicted when all they wanted was to be free from pain, relieve stress, or improve their concentration.
What are the Signs of Prescription Drug Abuse?
If you have been taking medication to manage chronic pain and you tend to veer away from the doctor’s instructions, know that you are at risk of addiction. Here are the signs that will let you know if it is time for you to meet with us for a consultation as we are one of the leading drug rehab centers in Orange County:
- You are always thinking about when you are going to take your next dose, to the point that you are watching the clock.
- You are always worried if your med supply is enough.
- You are taking more of the medicine than you should, or you are taking it more often than what your doctor ordered.
- You are going to different doctors or lying to your doctor about losing your prescription, so you can get more of the same prescription and ultimately increase your med supply.
- You find ways to get more of your medication by ordering online, stealing other people’s medicine, stealing your doctor’s prescription pads so you can write your own prescriptions, causing harm to yourself so you can go to the hospital and get prescription, or by trying to buy them on the street.
- You are still taking your medication even if you are no longer experiencing any pain because you like the way you feel when you take them, or you are already craving for the meds that you cannot quit.
- You feel very sensitive and angry when the people around ask questions about how you are using your medications.
When Is It Time to Enter a Treatment Facility?
If any or most of the signs mentioned above are true in your case, it would be best for you to get in touch with us, at Dana Point Rehab Campus, so you can talk with our treatment representative and get more information. Prescription drug abuse is nothing to be ashamed of considering that addiction is a disease that requires treatment like any other medical condition.
Our team of addiction specialists can help you get the support you need in your addiction recovery journey. We do not only provide evidence-based treatment techniques and complementary rehab strategies, but our rehab center also has resort-like amenities to help you relax and be more comfortable in your stay.Drug Rehab Centers Orange County
View Larger Map
Request a Call Back
We’re available to answer your questions.
*If you have an emergency, please dial 911.
Dana Point Rehab Campus
33842 Orilla Rd, Dana Point, CA 92629
Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy
Residential Inpatient Treatment